Wednesday, January 4, 2017


The 8 Exotic Poems

 BY-CLAY DRAPER






Shapes

                                                                             

               You’re getting chased

               By the red hand

               Jumping over the

               Black hands first I

               I start at 12 going past

               1-11 and starting over

               Again getting dizzy

               Running in circles

               What shape am I?

C   ounting the yards on the 
        Football field
L   eaping for the touchdown  
A  s  the team screams
Y  elling hurray
D   oing farm chores
R  unning from the goats
A  s they head but me
P  eople under estimate me
E  very one sees me in a different  
       way
R  unning from my fears when
        they should be running from me
CINQUAIN
2 hike, haught
4 people running
6 as the crowd screams at us
8 the score board raising for the team
2 we win
Me poem

I like football
I also like baseball
I have to keep my eye on the ball
I also like butterballs
I also like to swim and cannonball
I like to play call of duty and play free for all
AND I LIKE TO SEE THE SNOWFALL
I also like to hunt water fowel
Experience poem
The string getting tight the pole almost flies out of your hands this is what I have been waiting for this moment he jumps out of the water like a jumping frog with a lure in his mouth the pole screeching in tension I get him into the boat he gags for air while I throw him back in the water.
Any rhyme scheme
I like to hunt deer
While the sky is clear
With the bears
While I listen with my ears
I just know something is near
With a crack and a pop there is a tear
Alliteration
Buzz buzz the bizzy buzz buzzing through the
Sky’s buzz buzz the bees flying through the hive buzz buzz the beez
Eating the nectar through the sky.
Free verse
Sitting in the woods waiting for that perfect moment when the red bones come out from the dead gobbling like crazy like his head is on fire he runs right at us, then bang bullets fly nothing yet but a thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment