Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hailey's Poems

Hailey's Poems

Hailey James

Happily swimming
Along the pool
Interested in
Lovely games of volleyball
Encouraging all of her teammates always
Yapping to her teammates

Jumping up for the block
And digging her favorite
Meet and games of the season
Energetically making state
Swimming and volleyball  


  LeRoy’s Toys

There was once a round boy named LeRoy
Who wanted some more milk with soy
He went to his small room
And grew a large mushroom
And now he makes many small toys


Sparkles

I used to be an only child
But then he came along
I used to walk on 4 legs like he does
But I know walk on 2 like mom and dad
I used to get all the attention
But now he gets all of it
he is black and still walks on 4 legs
His name is Sparkles



I Remember

I remember how cold the hospice room was
I remember how much my papa loved me
I remember when we always got Casey’s for breakfast
I remember the day he got sick
I remember when he went into surgery and all he cared about was me
I remember all the visits to the Methodist hospital
I remember the crying and sniffling sounds
I remember riding my big wheel at his house
I remember when he messed up “Hailey’s Place”
I remember watching TV at his work
I remember hearing honks when he drove by until that day



If I Were

If I were an animal, I’d be a sea horse
If I were a car, I’d be a truck
If I were a city, I’d be Chicago
If I were a river, I’d be the Mississippi
     If I were a pet, Capybara
If I were a food, I’d be shrimp
If I were a planet, I’d be Pluto
If I were a board game, I’d be Monopoly
If I were a building, I’d be the Willis Tower
If I were a famous person, I’d be Bo Jackson
If I were a sport, I’d be volleyball
If I were a storm, I’d be a hurricane



Claire

Claire cast a chair
Onto Chase’s column
Close to Cassidy’s castle
But closer to Chloe’s cabbage canning
Crafty clothes Charlotte cares for


Colorful Skies

Colorful skies bring much light
Many think it's night
But it is just quite
Too much height for the night
Few think that it isn't right
For the night to be so hype



Ships

Cold and Tired
Beaten and battered
Stroking through the water
Emerging from a long journey
A journey short but long
The body ready to rest from the many hard hits
Limbs sore and tired not able to fly any longer
Head longing a pillow and some rest


Beep Beep

Beep Beep
You hear the tires squeal
Beep Beep
Y0u sit humming along to your favorite song
Beep Beep
Then the tires screech again
Beep Beep
Then you get on your long bleak day
Beep Beep





No comments:

Post a Comment