Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Abby's Poems



Shape Poem: “Until Christmas Day”


I
stand next
to the
Christmas tree. I
gaze into the
lights. I’m so proud of
my homemade
ornaments, I made so long
ago. I start to shake a
box underneath, trying to guess
what it could be. I suppose
it will remain a mystery until Christmas

Day!




Haiku: “Sunburn”

Grass between your toes
The cool feeling, the hot air
Sunburn on your nose.




Limerick: “Great Big, Fluffy Hat”

There was an old lady with a cat,
She had a great big, fluffy hat,
It was more than a foot,
And covered in soot,
Turns out it was lived in by rats!




Me Poem: “Middle School”

I used to wish I was in middle school
In the big building
With the big kids
But now I wish
I had stayed small
With recess that
I took for granted
And no homework
To stress over.
Missing a day of school,
Wasn’t a big deal,
But now you’re handed
Four packets and a quiz
If you miss the morning
For an ortho appointment.
Now elementary doesn’t seem so bad.




Experience Poem: “Out of the Oven”

The smell of homemade bread,
Fills my nose as I walk through the door,
The oven heats the house,
Bread isn’t as good from the store.

Out of the oven
Onto the counter,
Let it cool
It seems to take an hour

Smother it in butter
It melts right in
And leaves the bread shiny
My mouth starts to water

Sitting with my family
Happy and good
Laugh at something silly
Enjoying my dad's homemade bread.




Free Verse: “An Apple”

An apple smells like sugar,
An apple tastes like sweet candy,
An apple sounds like a cracking strike,
An apple looks like a red rose,
An apple feels like a smooth road.




Alliteration: “Sally the Sivellow”

This is Sally the Sivellow,
She lives in the cities suburbs of Siberia.
Sivellows eat lots of celery, sugary sweets, and cereal.
Sally likes stars, small starfish, San Francisco, and smart cars.
Sivellows hang out at the shopping mall or shoreside.
Sally once saved the last slice of strawberry shortcake for me!




Any Rhyme Scheme: “Birds”

High in the sky
Above all other beings
No intent to come down
The birds flap their wings

Make a nest in a tree
Get ready to soar
To things no other can see
How amazing being a bird would be!




“Lion, Lion”

Lion, Lion
What makes you roar,
When you jump, you soar,
So curious, sleepy, and tired,
The people host tours,
Just to see a lion, a lion,
Just to see a lion.



“In My Dreams”

In my dreams I see
Rainbows and rain
The house is a maze
In my dreams
I’m in a room
And turn around
to see a forest
In my dreams
The world is on fire
But yet,
Is an infinite sea.






No comments:

Post a Comment